Reggio Emilia, Italy 1899
Map Maker: Wagner & Debes
Publisher: Karl Baedeker
Type(s): City Map
Size: 6.25" wide x 4.25" high
Collection: WardMaps LLC
Atlas: Northern Italy 1899
Antique Maps (The authentic artifact!)
- We sell antique maps as well as fine art reproductions of the maps in our collection. Select "Authentic Antique Map" from the purchase options to purchase the real deal, an antique map produced years ago. Antique maps are available when we have them. The website will indicate "sold out" if the antique map is no longer available. Fine art reproductions of every map in our collection are always available.
- Lead time: Unframed antique maps are typically ready for shipment or pickup within a few days of order placement. Some antique maps listed on our website must be brought in from other dealers. In those cases, additional days are required to get those maps to us before shipping or pickup can take place.
Fine Art Prints / Reproduction Maps
- Printing: We print in-house to control all aspects of print quality and consistency.
- Printers: We exclusively utilize Epson commercial-grade Ultrachrome printers and pigment inks.
- Papers: We print onto Epson Premium and Ultra-premium matte-finish papers engineered for Epson Ultrachrome printers.
- Paper Sizes / Prices:
- Small 8 1/2" x 11" $14.95
- Studio 11" x 14" $19.95
- Medium 13" x 19" $29.95
- Intermediate 18" x 24" $49.95
- Large 24" x 36" $69.95
- Quality: Our fine art prints are museum-quality, no-fade, color-stable, acid-free, and archival.
- Layout: All maps are printed as large as possible onto the selected paper size. The original proportions of the map are maintained. No stretching to fill the paper occurs. Given that the proportions of each map rarely matches that of the paper, there is always white space around the map. Maps are centered onto the paper as much as possible.
- Lead time: Unframed prints are typically ready for shipment or pickup within a few days of order placement.
- Fabrication: All of our frames are 100% made in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA. We have a longstanding relationship with a local fine art framer who exclusively produces all of our frames.
Types: We offer three types of framing. Scroll down for details about...
Medium/No Matting Framing
- Why choose Custom/Archival framing? We recommend Custom/Archival frames when framing any antique map. All antique maps can fade when exposed to direct or indirect sunlight. Custom/Archival frames feature UV-resistant glazing to protect an antique map from fading. Custom/Archival frames feature acid-free mat boards and backing boards that will not damage antique maps. Store bought frames typically do not use UV-resistant glass nor acid-free materials. A Custom/Archival frame is the best way to protect and display an antique map for the ages.
- Why choose Economy/Non-Archival framing? Economy/Non-Archival frames are perfect for our reproduction maps. Since our fine art prints are archival (made with archival inks and acid-free papers), UV-resistant glazing nor acid-free boards are required to protect the reproduction. Economy/Non-Archival frames offer a sensible price point and affordable way to bring a framed map into any space.
All frame prices listed below do not include the cost of any antique map, map reproduction, print, shipping, or sales tax. See any individual map page on our site to explore calculated total costs for map + frame + sales tax + shipping.
- Custom/Archival Small $89.95
- Custom/Archival Medium $129.95
- Custom/Archival Intermediate $199.95
- Custom/Archival Large $249.95
- Economy/Non-Archival Small $49.95 (11" x 14")
- Economy/Non-Archival Medium $69.95 (16" x 20")
- Studio/No Matting $40.00 (11" x 14")
- Medium/No Matting $49.95 (13" x 19")
- Shipping: Frames are shipped in robust packaging with insurance.
- Lead Times:
- Custom/Archival Frames are hand-fabricated to order at our outside fine art framer's shop. They have a lead time of 2-3 weeks before they are ready for shipment or pick up.
- Economy/Non-Archival Frames are hand-fabricated to order at our outside fine art framer's shop. They have a lead time of 1-2 weeks before they are ready for shipment or pick up.
- Studio/No-Matting and Medium/No Matting Frames have their final assembly produced in house. They have a lead time of 4-6 days before they are ready for shipment or pick up.
Custom/Archival: Custom/Archival frames are constructed from painted wood with UV-resistant glazing to protect an antique map from fading. Custom/Archival frames feature acid-free mat boards and backing boards that will not damage the antique map. Each Custom/Archival frame comes with professional paper backing, hanging wire installed, and even a hook and a nail (see photo below). We offer four styles of Custom/Archival frames.
Custom/Archival: Black Basic
Custom/Archival: Black Stepped
Custom/Archival: Cherry Finish
Custom/Archival: Cherry Finish with Gold (Small & Medium Only)
Economy/Non-Archival Framing: Economy/Non-Archival frames are constructed from painted with with plate glass. They are perfect for our reproduction maps. Since our fine art prints are archival (made with archival inks and acid-free papers), UV-resistant glazing nor acid-free boards are required to protect the reproduction. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Economy/Non-Archival frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.
Studio/No-Matting Framing: There are the same as our Economy/Non-Archival frames except that they lack matting. They accommodate our Studio 11" x 14" prints. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Medium/No-Matting frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.
Medium/No-Matting Framing: There are the same as our Economy/Non-Archival frames except that they lack matting. They accommodate our Medium 13" x 19" prints. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Medium/No-Matting frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.
- Unframed Fine Art Prints / Reproduction Maps: Small and Medium prints are shipped flat in plastic sleeves with rigid backing boards. Intermediate and larger prints are shipped rolled in rigid cardboard tubes with protective acid free paper linings.
- Unframed Antique Maps: Antique maps are typically shipped flat in plastic sleeves with rigid backing boards. We carefully package each antique map to ship the best way to maintain the integrity of the map.
- Framed Maps: Frames are shipped in robust packaging with insurance.
- Gift Products: Gift products are packaged with care in boxes suitable for each shipment.
- Shipping Charges: Calculated rates are determined by the shipping carriers offered. Set rates and options are displayed during checkout.
- Shipping Carriers: Shipping via the USPS and UPS are offered.
- International Shipping: We do not offer international shipping.
Picking Up An Order
- When placing an order, you have the option to pick up your order in person from our retail store.
- Orders will not be ready until after we contact you to confirm that your order is ready. We will call or email to notify you when your order is ready to be picked up.
- Check out the lead times for our products. While most maps and reproductions can be ready within a few days, framing of maps takes two to four weeks.
- We will hold orders for 90 days. We are not responsible for orders not picked-up within 90 days. After 90 days from day of purchase, unclaimed orders may be returned to stock and payment may not be refunded.
Returns & Defective Items
- All sales are final. We do not accept exchanges nor returns on properly fulfilled and non-defective orders.
- We will replace or provide a credit for any defective item within 30 days of receipt of item. Please contact us regarding defective items.
- We will rectify any improperly fulfilled order. Please contact us regarding improperly fulfilled orders.
- Items Damaged in Shipping: Though we use professional and robust packaging methods, damage of items in shipment is always a possibility. Hence, we typically ship items with shipping insurance at our cost. We will ask for a buyer's assistance in processing any claims against a shipper for items damaged in shipment. Once the claim has been resolved with the shipper, we will offer a replacement or credit to a buyer for the damaged item. If we did not ship with insurance, we will do our best to replace the item or issue a credit.
All purchases made with WardMaps LLC are processed securely by our third party shopping cart and credit card processors. WardMaps LLC is never privy to credit card data inputted on this site. WardMaps never shares the names, emails, nor any personal data about our customers with anyone.