Ashland, Massachusetts 1878
Publisher: O.H. Bailey and J.C. Hazen
Type(s): Bird's Eye View
Size: 25.5" wide x 21" high
Collection: Library of Congress
Atlas: Massachusetts Bird's Eye Views
Antique Maps (The authentic artifact!)
- We sell antique maps as well as fine art reproductions of the maps in our collection. Select "Authentic Antique Map" from the purchase options to purchase the real deal, an antique map produced years ago. Antique maps are available when we have them. The website will indicate sold out if the antique map is no longer available. Fine art reproductions of every map are always available.
Fine Art Prints (Reproduction Maps)
- Printing: We print in-house to control all aspects of print quality and consistency.
- Printers: We exclusively utilize Epson commercial-grade Ultrachrome printers and pigment inks.
- Papers: We print onto Epson Premium and Ultra-premium matte-finish papers engineered for Epson Ultrachrome printers.
- Quality: Our fine art prints are museum-quality, no-fade, color-stable, acid-free, and archival.
- Layout: All maps are printed as large as possible onto the selected paper size. The original proportions of the map are maintained. No stretching to fill the paper occurs. Given that the proportions of each map rarely matches that of the paper, there is always white space around the map. Maps are centered onto the paper as much as possible.
Custom/Archival: Custom/Archival frames are constructed from painted wood with UV-resistant glazing to protect an antique map from fading. Custom/Archival frames feature acid-free mat boards and backing boards that will not damage the antique map. Each Custom/Archival frame comes with professional paper backing, hanging wire installed, and even a hook and a nail (see photo below).
We offer four styles of Custom/Archival frames, each produced by a fine art framer in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA!
Custom/Archival Framing: Black Basic
Custom/Archival Framing: Black Stepped
Custom/Archival Framing: Cherry Finish
Custom/Archival Framing: Cherry Finish with Gold
Economy/Non-Archival Framing: Economy/Non-Archival frames are constructed from painted with with plate glass. They are perfect for our reproduction maps. Since our fine art prints are archival (made with archival inks and acid-free papers), UV-resistant glazing nor acid-free boards are required to protect the reproduction. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Economy/Non-Archival frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.
Studio/No-Matting Framing: Studio frames are the same as our Economy/Non-Archival frames except that they lack matting. Studio frames are available only in "Black" style and 11"x14" in size. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Economy/Non-Archival frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.
Shipping of Orders
- Maps/Prints: Small and Medium prints are shipped flat in plastic sleeves with rigid backing boards. Intermediate and larger prints are shipped rolled in rigid cardboard tubes with protective acid free paper linings.
- Antique Maps: Antique maps are typically shipped flat in plastic sleeves with rigid backing boards. We carefully package each antique map to ship the best way to maintain the integrity of the map.
- Gift Products: Gift products are packaged with care in boxes suitable for each shipment.
- Shipping Charges: Calculated rates are determined by the shipping carriers offered. Set rates and options are displayed during checkout.
- Shipping Carriers: Shipping via the USPS and UPS are offered.
- International Shipping: We do not offer international shipping.
Picking Up An Order
- When placing an order, you have the option to pick up your order in person from our retail store.
- Orders will not be ready until after we contact you to confirm that your order is ready. We will call or email to notify you when your order is ready to be picked up.
- We will hold orders for 90 days. We are not responsible for orders not picked-up within 90 days. After 90 days from day of purchase, unclaimed orders may be returned to stock and payment may not be refunded.
Returns & Defective Items
- All sales are final. We do not accept exchanges nor returns on properly fulfilled and non-defective orders.
- We will replace or provide a credit for any defective item within 30 days of receipt of item. Please contact us regarding defective items.
- We will rectify any improperly fulfilled order. Please contact us regarding improperly fulfilled orders.
- Items Damaged in Shipping: Though we use professional and robust packaging methods, damage of items in shipment is always a possibility. Hence, we typically ship items with shipping insurance at our cost. We will ask for a buyer's assistance in processing any claims against a shipper for items damaged in shipment. Once the claim has been resolved with the shipper, we will offer a replacement or credit to a buyer for the damaged item. If we did not ship with insurance, we will do our best to replace the item or issue a credit.
All purchases made with WardMaps LLC are processed securely by our third party shopping cart and credit card processors. WardMaps LLC is never privy to credit card data inputted on this site. WardMaps never shares the names, emails, nor any personal data about our customers with anyone.