Antique Maps (The authentic artifact!)
- We sell antique maps as well as fine art reproductions of the maps in our collection. Select "Authentic Antique Map" from the purchase options to purchase the real deal, an antique map produced years ago. Antique maps are available when we have them. The website will indicate sold out if the antique map is no longer available. Fine art reproductions of every map are always available.
Fine Art Prints (Reproduction Maps)
- Printing: We print in-house to control all aspects of print quality and consistency.
- Printers: We exclusively utilize Epson commercial-grade Ultrachrome printers and pigment inks.
- Papers: We print onto Epson Premium and Ultra-premium matte-finish papers engineered for Epson Ultrachrome printers.
- Quality: Our fine art prints are museum-quality, no-fade, color-stable, acid-free, and archival.
- Layout: All maps are printed as large as possible onto the selected paper size. The original proportions of the map are maintained. No stretching to fill the paper occurs. Given that the proportions of each map rarely matches that of the paper, there is always white space around the map. Maps are centered onto the paper as much as possible.
Custom/Archival: Custom/Archival frames are constructed from painted wood with UV-resistant glazing to protect an antique map from fading. Custom/Archival frames feature acid-free mat boards and backing boards that will not damage the antique map. Each Custom/Archival frame comes with professional paper backing, hanging wire installed, and even a hook and a nail (see photo below).
We offer four styles of Custom/Archival frames, each produced by a fine art framer in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA!
Custom/Archival Framing: Black Basic
Custom/Archival Framing: Black Stepped
Custom/Archival Framing: Cherry Finish
Custom/Archival Framing: Cherry Finish with Gold
Economy/Non-Archival Framing: Economy/Non-Archival frames are constructed from painted with with plate glass. They are perfect for our reproduction maps. Since our fine art prints are archival (made with archival inks and acid-free papers), UV-resistant glazing nor acid-free boards are required to protect the reproduction. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Economy/Non-Archival frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.
Studio/No-Matting Framing: Studio frames are the same as our Economy/Non-Archival frames except that they lack matting. Studio frames are available only in "Black" style and 11"x14" in size. To keep costs down and offer the highest quality at the lowest price, Economy/Non-Archival frames are available in one style, black with a square profile. Each frame comes with claw hanger on the back.